The Royal Commonwealth Society of Malta to be established; appoints Geraldine Noel as its founding Executive Secretary.
Malta – 4th November 2014
By request, Geraldine Noel, Managing Partner of Acumum – Legal & Advisory, an English barrister – registered in Malta, is to assist in the establishment of the Malta branch of The Royal Commonwealth Society. Geraldine Noel has been appointed as The Royal Commonwealth of Malta founding Executive Secretary.
The Royal Commonwealth Society, as the world’s oldest charity, is a network of individuals and organisations that is committed to improving the lives and prospects of people living in Commonwealth countries across the world. It was founded in 1868 as a charity and is constituted by the Royal Charter (amended in 2013). The Royal Commonwealth Society is non-partisan and independent of all governments; solely supported by public generosity.
The Royal Commonwealth Society of Malta aims to engage with its youth, civil society, business and governmental networks to address issues that matter to the people living in the Commonwealth country. One of its primary focuses is to promote and support young people living in Malta and the Commonwealth.
As the Executive Secretary of the Royal Commonwealth Society of Malta, Geraldine will be working to improve the lives and prospects of people living in Malta by identifying and championing positive social, environmental and economic change, building partnerships with organisations to improve the well-being and prosperity of individuals and empowering young people by providing them with youth leadership programmes.
The Royal Commonwealth Society has seventy self-governing RCS branches and affiliated societies all over the world. Geraldine Noel will be the representative for Malta and already has experience working with the society, with her company Acumum providing advisory services for one of the society’s initiatives, The Commonwealth Environmental Investment Platform.
Geraldine Noel is a UK barrister (registered in Malta) and the Managing Partner of Acumum, a legal and advisory firm in Malta. She has a wide range of international experience, having worked in the US, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands during her twenty years as a lawyer. Geraldine Noel has experience in providing legal, tax and corporate services to multinational finance, insurance and technology companies.
Geraldine is a member of the General Council of the Bar of England & Wales and the Chamber of Advocates in Malta. During her career, Geraldine has been awarded the first ever grant of a trademark for virtual goods & services and was also included on the list of the Top 100 Citywealth Power Women in 2013.
Geraldine has a BA (Hons) from St John’s College, Oxford University, as well as a Masters in Intellectual Property & Information Technology Law from Fordham University of Law in New York, New York. Geraldine’s other educational achievements include:
- Post Graduate Diploma, Legal Practice; Inns of Court School of Law (London)
- Advanced Diploma in International Taxation – Maltese Variant; Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT – UK & Malta) (in progress)
- Diploma in Taxation; Malta Institute of Taxation (in progress), Malta;
- Forensic Accounting; BPP Law School;
- Collective Investment Funds; Institute of Financial Services, Malta
- Maltese Financial Regulation; Institute of Financial Services, Malta
Notes for editors:
- Geraldine Noel is the Managing Partner of Acumum – more information can be found here https://www.acumum.com/
- Europe consists of around 50 countries, of these there are just three that are in the Commonwealth – the UK, Malta and Cyprus
- It is the intention of the Royal Commonwealth Society to work with the representatives of the European branches, like Geraldine Noel, to establish stronger connections with other Commonwealth regions
For more information about the Royal Commonwealth Society visit https://thercs.org.
Executive Secretary; The Royal Commonwealth Society of Malta
(Acumum – Legal & Advisory)
260 Triq San Albert
Gzira, GZR 1150
T: +356 2778 1700 Ext 101