Acumum Partner – Barrister – Registered in Malta; M.A (Oxford), Pg Dip, LLM (Fordham)
Acumum’s services and operations are overseen by its Managing Partner, Geraldine Noel, a UK barrister, registered in Malta. Geraldine a native of England and resident of Malta, has substantial international experience, having worked in the US, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands over a 27-year career, providing legal, tax and corporate services to multinational financial, insurance and technology corporations.
Expertise & Accomplishments
Geraldine Noel won a Citywealth Power Women Award for the third consecutive year in 2016 and has been Secretary of the Royal Commonwealth Society in Malta for over a year. Geraldine is a Member of the General Council of the Bar (England & Wales), Chamber of Advocates (Malta). Geraldine’s practice encompasses citizenship & residency, corporate financial services, intellectual property, gaming, taxation and private client.
Geraldine was acknowledged by the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) as being the first ever recipient of a grant of a trademark for virtual goods & services during her employment with the world’s 1st gaming sporting virtual world (an MMORPG).
Geraldine began her legal career way back in 1990, managing Barrister’s Chambers in the UK – multi – million £ law firms; she understands the administrative and organisational requirements of managing multiple clients, attorneys and other service professionals.
It is Geraldine’s vision that the Acumum Legal Group is a provider of excellence, of relevant and business focused services to its clients.
- LLM – Fordham University of Law (NYC)
- M.A (Hons) Jurisprudence; Oxford University
- Post Graduate Diploma, Legal Practice; Inns of Court School of Law (London)
- Advanced Diploma in International Taxation – Maltese Variant; Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Forensic Accounting; BPP Law School;
- Collective Investment Funds; Institute of Financial Services, Malta
- Maltese Financial Regulation; Institute of Financial Services, Malta
- Maltese Trusts & Management: Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (IFSP)
- General Council of the Bar of England & Wales
- Chamber of Advocates; Malta
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Lincolns Inn
- Malta Institute of Management
- Malta Institute of Taxation
- Institute of Financial Services Practitioners (IFSP)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- IFLR ‘Notable Law Firm’; 2013, 2014
- Malta Best in Business ‘Best Law Firm’, 2015
- Powerwealth Awards, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016