Acumum Legal Group consists of Maltese, UK & International
Lawyers & Accountants
Providing Multi – Jurisdictional Advice & Services
Geraldine Noel; B.A (Hons)(Oxford), PG Dip, LLM (Fordham)
Acumum’s services and operations are overseen by its Managing Partner, Geraldine Noel, a UK barrister, registered in Malta.
Geraldine a native of England and a US permanent resident, has substantial international experience, having worked in the US, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands over a 20 year career, providing legal, tax and corporate services to multi-national financial, insurance and technology corporations.
Geraldine was acknowledged by the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) as being the first ever recipient of a grant of a trademark for virtual goods & services during her employment with the world’s 1st gaming sporting virtual world (an MMORPG).
Geraldine began her legal career way back in 1990, managing Barrister’s Chambers in the UK – multi – million £ law firms; she understands the administrative and organisational requirements of managing multiple clients, attorneys and other service professionals.
It is Geraldine’s vision that the Acumum Legal Group is a provider of excellence, of relevant and business focused services to its clients.
- Masters in Intellectual Property & Information Technology Law; Fordham University of Law (New York, New York)
- BA (Hons) Oxford University
- Post Graduate Diploma, Legal Practice; Inns of Court School of Law (London)
Dr. Andreas O’Shea; LL.B (Hons), Lic. Spec. (Louvain), Ph.D (Wits)
Andreas practices in the UK, Malta and before international Courts and Tribunals. Andreas’ legal experience also extends to the EU, particularly Belgium, France, as well as Libya and South Africa. Andreas has acted in a number of major war crimes trials before the International Criminal Court, the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and the Special Court for Sierra Leone.
Andreas offers advice and assistance on:
- EU law – freedom of movement, employment and residence
- Human rights – refugee law, nationality, residence
- Bribery & Corruption
- Crime – drug & human trafficking, extradition, money laundering, international terrorism
- State and corporate responsibility
Andreas has taught and published extensively in the field of International Law and is the author of:
- International Law and Organisation: a Practical Analysis, (1998)
- Amnesty for Crime in International Law and Practice, (2001)
- B.A., magna cum laude, in English/German/Philosophy from Bellarmine University (U.S.) and University of Fribourg
- J.D., cum laude, University of Maryland School of Law
- Bar Admission to California State Courts, all California Federal Courts and the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Financial management
- Outsourced bookkeeping and payroll
- Implementation of s302 and s404 Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in Europe for quoted companies
- Documentation of processes, flowcharting, identification and testing of key controls, remediation of control weaknesses, reporting and documenting conclusions and embedding compliance as business as usual
- Internal audit projects
- Consolidation and other accounting services
- Establishing credit control procedures
- Fraud risk assessments and remediation. Other special projects and investigations
- ISO 9001 projects
Paul is also completing the examination to become a Certified Fraud Examiner
Legal & Organisational Memberships
- Bar Council of England & Wales since 2002
- Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- American Bar Association, Associate Member since 2001
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Malta Maritime Lawyers Association
- Nautical Institute
- Maltese Association for European Law Studies
- International Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners